Saturday, September 11, 2010

4 Miler Through Antietam National Battlefield





I thought it would be a good idea to start pushing hills during training so why not get a preview of Freedom's Run.  I will tell you now that there will be no PR on this run, but it really is beautiful here and I really wish I had taken more time over here as a student, or more truthfully lived closer now.
view from the visitor's center











Dunker Church











This is the view the Confederates had during the initial Union approach












Bloody Lane
Irish Tower
One of my favorite monuments
Bloody Lane from the top of the tower






























It is beautiful here

















And look who I ran into during the run...

So I could only think of one good place for a post run snack!
















No comments:

Post a Comment